What is PecoBoo?
PecoBOO knows when you’re looking, and when you’re not looking. Utilising the webcam and a very clever face detecting program, PecoBOO can tell when you turn away from your computer display, so turns it off for you. As soon as you return, PecoBOO sees that you are ready to work, and turns the display back on instantly. PecoBOO helps you save energy and help contribute to making IT that little bit more sustainable.
PecoBOO is the latest bit of Eco-Power Management (EPM) technology from the masters of energy efficiency at VeryPC. Not content with manufacturing some of the world’s lowest energy desktop computers, we’ve decided to improve the energy efficiency of your PC even further.
EPM technologies optimise the energy usage of your computer by adjusting the power settings to match your activity. PecoBOO achieves this goal by turning your monitor on and off as you come and go, but can also be set to sleep or hibernate your system if you are away from your display for a bit longer.
PecoBOO is fully configurable and really easy to use.
- You can adjust the sensitivity of PecoBOO’s watchful eye by moving the ‘Range’ slider between ‘near’ and ‘far’.
- How often PecoBOO looks for you is controlled with the ‘Sample rate’ slider.
- Tell PecoBOO how long you want it to wait before switching off your monitor by changing ‘Idle time’.
- You can control how deeply you want your system to sleep and just how long you want PecoBOO to wait before applying the sleep or hibernate state.
- Of course, sometimes you’ll have reason to keep your computer awake, and PecoBOO can control that too.
PecoBOO works in addition to existing power management tools on your system. We recommend disabling these tools to allow PecoBOO to take full control of your computer’s energy savings.
PecoBOO is currently available for Windows platforms only (XP, Vista, 7).
How do I try PecoBOO?
Head on over to our download page and download yourself a 30 day trial.